Introduction: In 1999, the members of RootsWeb's Sackett mailing list initiated a project to update and correct the information found in Charles Weygant's 1907 book The Sacketts of America and to add information for the lines which "daughtered out." In 2003, The Sackett Family Association was formed to assist researchers as they "Research, Share and Preserve" their Sackett information. For many years, this compilation and update effort was ably led by TSFA historians and Sackett descendants Thurmon King and Chris Sackett. This database contains all the individuals named in Weygant's book with added information from the many researchers who have shared their research with TSFA as entered by Thurmon King and a few assisting members.
In April 2015, TSFA representatives acquired and began testing of a new multi-user database that will enable users to more easily contribute photographs and historical data. Public users may access the information without registering. Potential contributors are asked to register. Access to data on living individuals is restricted and will be displayed in trees as "Living." Note that this database focuses mostly on American lines. English lines are documented in another database that is managed by Chris Sackett and that is available at https://www.sackettfamily.info/, which is the official TSFA website.
Contributors and visitors are encouraged to join The Sackett Family Association. Please visit our website at https://www.sackettfamily.info/.
Database Status: Most data on American lines are available. Photos are added, and geocoding is completed for most locations and is in the process of being verified. Note that to take full advantage of features in the new system, events and cemetery data need to be added in a new way, which will require considerable time. The new software also is facilitating standardization of place names, spotting typographical errors, etc.
As of October 31, 2022, the database contains information about more than 75,600 individuals. The five largest lines or branches of Sacketts in the database are as follows:
- Thomas Sackett "the elder," born c1530 in Thanet, Kent, England. The database includes more than 24,700 of his descendants.
- Simon Sackett "the Colonist" (1595-1633), a grandson of Thomas the Elder, has more than 23,300 descendants in this database.
- John Sackett "the Colonist" (1623-1684) -- more than 4,600 descendants in the database
- Capt. Richard Sackett (c1678-1746) -- more than 3,100 descendants in the database
- Thomas Sackett (1718-1798) -- more than 1,300 descendants in the database
- Oldest person in database: Laura Jeanette Brown, Sackett descendant, age 108 years, 362 days
- Oldest Sackett in database: Ivy Florence Ann Sackett, age 108 years, 14 days
All other Sackett lines have fewer than 400 descendants in the database.
Regarding locations, historic place names are found in the notes and citations but usually have been converted to modern names for map display.
Please Note: The map display has been set to not load automatically; click on the "play" icon to load the map for any given individual.
The collected content at this site is © The Sackett Family Association, 1999-2022
If you have any questions or comments about the information on this site, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.