||Field, Abigail  |
||15 Jan 1805 
||10 Sep 2021 |
- [S2624] Rev. John Moore of Newtown, Long Island, and some of his descendants, James W. Moore (Reliability: 2), 10 Sep 2021.
Joseph Moore3 and Elizabeth Sackett and Sarah Sackett had
. . .
348. Captain Samuel4, b. January 15, 1724, m. Abigail Field5 (Robert4, Elnathan3, Robert2, Robert1), d. January 15, 1805 ; he d. 1782 ±. 
. . .
348. Capt. Samuel Moore4 (Joseph3, Capt. Samuel2, Rev. John1) and Abigail Field5 (Robert4, m. Elizabeth Hicks, Ehiathan3, Robert2, Robert1).
Captain Samuel Moore4 was a Whig and a member of the Newtown, L. I., Committee during the Revolution ; he remained at Newtown after the British came.
Abigail Field5 was of the family of De la Field or Delafield of the Vosges Mountains in France, which settled in England. She was the daughter of Robert4, b. May 12, 1698, and Elizabeth Hicks, the granddaughter of Elnathan3 and ____ ____, the great-granddaughter of Robert2, who was a land-owner of Newtown as early as 1670 and was Overseer April, 1672, August, 1673, November, 1674-1675, April, 1678-1680, and ____ ____, the great-great-granddaughter of Robert1, a patentee of Flushing in 1645.
Capt. Samuel Moore4 and Abigail Field had
544. Major Robert5, b. 1758, unmarried, d. Feb., 1843, in 86th year.
545. Sarah5, m. Samuel Blackwell4 (Jacob3, Jacob2, Robert1), b. 1769, d. Nov. 27, 1832, aet. 73; she d. ____ ____. 
Transcribed by Ted Smith